Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Respected

As a mom you often wonder if what you teach
your children actually penetrates and sticks.
Today my babysitter relayed something Jaxon
said to her that gave me hope someone is listening.
When Miss Jacki (the sitter) picked him up from school,
Jaxon (who is a very emotionally perceptive child)
noticed she was really quiet. He asked her if she was
Ok. She told him she was sad because
her grandfather had Cancer (she had to explain that
one to him- or at least try) and that he was dying.
Jaxon then said " I remember something- Jesus died for
him so he could be respected and you can see him again"
Now- although he didn't quite get ressurected right, he at
least understood the concept! PHEW! Maybe FHE isn't
just a half an hour of chaos! Miss Jacki did note that she
was amazed that it took a 4 year old to remind her of the
bigger picture! Thank Heaven for our children who remind
us that life is always about the bigger picture!

3 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

How sweet! I love the way children can me things seem so much simpler and sweeter than we as adults usually do.

Casey said...

What a darling boy. That brought a lump in my throat and tears to my eyes. Your right, all that hard work to do FHE does pay off, just sometimes it takes longer to notice than others. Lucky for you, you've experienced the fruits of your labors early. Also, what the heck is he doing being 4? He's supposed to be a baby. When did this all happen? We've been apart way too long.

The Birds said...

Oh, my little J! He's such a sweet little guy! I miss him so much! Give him a big hug from his Aunt Chand and tell him I'm so proud of him!

About Me

Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
Dave and I have been married 12 years and have 3 amazing kids. I am the Dietitian for Highsmith-Rainey LTAC and David is a Navigator for the Air Force! We love being in North Carolina! Our three Children, Chloe, Jaxon, and Jaden are the highlight of our lives!