Monday, November 16, 2009

How You Know....

Last weekend we met David at the base park for
Lunch. He was working. As I sat on the park bench
watching the kids play, I was also watching two moms
who each had a small child. The two moms (both first
time moms) were so amusing! First was the conversation
which consisted of each childs wt and ht measurements,
bowel movements, diapers and food preferences. They
were hovering over thier every move and inspecting each
piece of play equiptment for safety. (my kids were hanging
upside down from the monkey bars and jumping off the
slides....) I chuckled and vividly remembered those
days with Chloe. The thought also crossed my
mind.... those poor women! That was when I knew-
It was over. Having baby's that is. We knew Jaden
was going to be our last long ago, but mentally I don't think
I knew it until that day. When instead of "oh, aren't those
girls cute" it was "I am so glad that's not me!" I am loving
that my kids are more independent! They are so fun! As my
baby turns 4 and my oldest turns 8 I am feeling older, but
so glad to be where I am in life! I have the best kids!!!

7 comments:

The Birds said...

Well, I'm sad, but I LOVE your kiddos too! Give them hugs and kisses from Aunt Chand. We miss you and can't wait to see you in a few more weeks.

Casey said...

I know exactly what you mean. I am almost to the point of enjoyment. We are in the midst of potty training McKenna - my absolutely most dreaded stage of raising children (so far.) I can't wait til it's over. Then we will be footloos and fancy free - NO DIAPER BAGS! Talk about feeling old - Alexa just went in to YW's last month, she has done Baptisms at the temple, YW in Excellence, Saturday they are doing their Roadshow and at the end of the month she is giving a talk in sacrament meeting. I feel old and TIRED from all the running around. And I have to do this for the next 16 years! HELP! (Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom - just like you said. It's just hard work.)

Texas Birds said...

Welcome to the finished with baby club! Now we need to get together and talk about how wonderful it is to be there together. Miss you tons. Thanksgiving will not be the same this year. I'm not even looking forward to black Friday without you!

Justin Jacki Jaden Halli Ragen said...

You had me worried at first!! I think we are satisfied with our three! Once they all reach the indepent stage I think it would be hard to go back to "baby mode"!! I love not lugging around a diaper bad everywhere!! Hope all is well!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

What a great post! I know what you're talking about, I've had several of those moments! We have four boys, and we are SOOOO done!!!

The Birds said...

BTW, I keep trying to remember to tell you, but obviously I can't remember, so I'm telling you now, I love your new picture at the top of the blog - It is SO cute of your kiddos!!! Give them lots of hugs and kisses from us. We miss you!

Unknown said...

I understand you completely!! Maddy's 8 now, Laney's 6 and Abbey's 2 1/2. My sister just had a baby 2 weeks ago and although it's not her first, she is a nervous wreck. Late night feedings, endless diaper changing, all the gear....I'm soooo over it! I like where I'm at, too. You're right, though. You have some of the best kids! We miss you all very much!!! =)

About Me

Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
Dave and I have been married 12 years and have 3 amazing kids. I am the Dietitian for Highsmith-Rainey LTAC and David is a Navigator for the Air Force! We love being in North Carolina! Our three Children, Chloe, Jaxon, and Jaden are the highlight of our lives!