Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day(s) of School

Yeah!! School finally started this week!
the kids are so excited! Chloe started
Yesterday. I asked her how her day
was. She said her teacher yelled a lot.
Here's how our conversation continued-
K- Why did she yell a lot?
C- She just did!
K- Was there a lot of talking going on?
C- yeah, the kids were being noisy.
K-and were you one of those kids?
C- No
K- Were you quiet when she asked
you to be?
C- I only talked for a second after
she told us to be quiet.....
(any questions?!!!!)
She also got to ride the bus for the first
time!! We only live right down the street
from the school, but it is across a major
road so they bus our kids. The bus was
a half hour late picking them up and
an hour and a half late dropping them
off yesterday... still she was
thrilled! Mom wasn't so happpy!!
Jaxon doesn't start Kinder officially
until next Tuesday....he is having a
hard time being patient!! I am having
issues with waiting that extra week
as well. I am having a few issues with
the school systems here period! None
the less, Jax went in for his testing session
on Wednesday. David got to take him so
I am reporting second hand. Apparently
He is a math wiz, but when it came time to
say (not sing) his letters he got to H and
told his teacher he was done! She asked
him if those were all the lettters he knew
and this was his reply..."no, I know them
all, I just don't want to tell you any more
letters!" NICE!
That was pretty much how the rest of his
testing went!!
Do any of you ever feel like you are raising
a mini version of you or your spouse? Well
I got one...Mini David!!
Mrs Rosenthal was super patient with him.
Thank Heaven for good Kindergarten Teachers!!
The jury is still out on Chloe's teacher.....only
time will tell!
Also...I would post pics from Chloe's first day,
but I had a small mishap with my iphone this
morning.....I dropped it into my Ovaltine!!
Goodbye sweet iphone!!! I am praying that
the AT&T store can recover all my pics and
data!! If so, I'll post pics later!

3 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

Ovaltine, eh? I ruined a phone way back in my single days when I was lifeguarding because some kid pushed me in the pool and my phone was in my pocket. He was put on the banned list after that and never returned. I had to wait until next payday to be able to buy a new phone. Oh the frustrations of technology! Anyways, I love that little Jaxon. He cracks me up! I look forward to many more entertaining stories about his school experiences.

Chelsie said...

That is so funny! All three stories, in fact. Now watch I will go back and count and there are actually more... Poor iphone! Poor Chloe! (or poor Chloe's teacher) Good job super smart Jax!

Casey said...

LOVE this post! I can not stop laughing (except for the iphone part.) When are we going to get together again? I had so much fun with you guys. Just like old times.

About Me

Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
Dave and I have been married 12 years and have 3 amazing kids. I am the Dietitian for Highsmith-Rainey LTAC and David is a Navigator for the Air Force! We love being in North Carolina! Our three Children, Chloe, Jaxon, and Jaden are the highlight of our lives!