Monday, August 24, 2009

The Candle

Last week I was in Cracker Barrell
picking up some super yummy biscuits
for a bkfst thing at work...first of all
I was shocked when I walked in and
saw half the store decked out for
Christmas!! Holy Crap (i said to myself)
it's only August! Then the smells of
the Holidays overtook me! I am now
drooling at the thought of pie and
mashed potatoes and gravy. Thinking
of how excited I am for the weather to
get colder and the leaves to change, I
was suckered into thier whole
marketing scheme.. I caved and bought
a Harvest Yankee Candle (not a scentsy,
I know), but one of my favorites!! Then,I
told myself I wouldn't burn it till Oct.- that
lasted about 8 hours, long enough to get
me home! My house smells divine and
Marketing works....what can I say!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I hear you girl! I can't wait to deck my house out with my fall decor...it is my favorite! I really hate the cold and the snow, but to be perfectly honest...I can't wait for the holidays....I love them so much. I am one of those people who decorates for Halloween in the middle of September and I put my Christmas stuff up about a week after Halloween! I can't help it...I get WAY too excited. It's so fun keeping tabs on you and your family. It seems like yesterday we were riding our bikes and going to North Park Elementary...and now our kids are making similar memories...wow how time flies. Glad to hear that you are doing well...Mandy :)

The Birds said...

I'm holding out for about another couple of weeks, then I'm decking out for Fall - NOT Christmas. Halloween and Thanksgiving are my FAV holidays and I like celebrating them the longest! Can't wait to see you!
~Chandi

About Me

Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
Dave and I have been married 12 years and have 3 amazing kids. I am the Dietitian for Highsmith-Rainey LTAC and David is a Navigator for the Air Force! We love being in North Carolina! Our three Children, Chloe, Jaxon, and Jaden are the highlight of our lives!