Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thanks and venting

Thanks to everyone for your heartfelt prayers on
my behalf. It has been a challenging week. I am
home from the hospital and doing ok. I am about
to start climbing the walls though....not used to being
home (and down) all day. ARGHHHHH! I still have
all 12 bloodclots in my lungs (love the CT machine-
highlight of my week). I'm frustrated with my
inability to do daily tasks (like walk up the stairs!)
I'm having a hard time getting enough O2 and
they can't get my blood to thin out fast enough.
I still have to give myself injections of Lovenox
twice a day. My belly looks like I joined an MMA fight!
Good thing I have plenty of subcutaneous tissue to
inject into!!!
My recovery is going to be really slow,
or so they tell me. (I don't have time for slow!!!). I had to
have another blood draw this morning and thinking
I was feeling better, attempted to stop and get milk
at the commissary on my way home. Walk in and out-
no big deal right! Apparently it was a little much for
my body to handle and I had another syncopal episode
(passed out) in the parking lot (really embarrassed!).
Again- ARGHHHHH!!!! It was just milk for Heaven's
Sake!!!!!!
I keep getting told how lucky I am to still be alive and
fully functioning....that I didn't have a stroke, heart
attack or aneuryism. I am truly grateful, but am having
difficulty being patient with whatever the Lord wants
me to learn from this. I know it's only been a week, but
right now I can't even do basic
tasks, like take a shower, without going into tachycardia.
I've watched every episode of NCIS and Hogan's Heroes
ever made. My eyeballs may pop out of my head and
I think my IQ is dropping by the minute.
How am I supposed to be the mom of three and a wife?
Not to mention my other responsibilities like my Job!
I have difficulty with patience!!! Have None! that's why
I'm not a teacher like the rest of my Sainted family.
Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better. I'm really
not trying to look the gift horse in the mouth. I'm
just really frustrated and tired of being tired.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Krisha, I had no idea....that's super scary!!! I'm glad you're okay and I truly, truly, sincerely hope you are back on your feet soon. And that you are entertained until then.

Chelsie said...

Oh Krisha my GOODNESS!!!!! I can't believe it. I hope you are fully recovered soon woman. I will pray for you as well!

Justin Jacki Jaden Halli Ragen said...

Oh my gosh...doesn't sound like you are doin too well! Take care of yourself lady. Maybe the lord is trying to tell you to slow down a bit! I know being a mom you feel so much responsibility but I think most of the time we forget to stop and think about ourselves once in awhile! Take care of yourself! -Jacki

About Me

Spring Lake, North Carolina, United States
Dave and I have been married 12 years and have 3 amazing kids. I am the Dietitian for Highsmith-Rainey LTAC and David is a Navigator for the Air Force! We love being in North Carolina! Our three Children, Chloe, Jaxon, and Jaden are the highlight of our lives!